May 13, 2019 is election day in the Philippines.
Some of my facebook friends are very vocal as to whom they will vote.
They even post a copy of the list of the candidates they support.
Others even campaign for candidates of their choice.
There are intances of friends unfriending their other friends because they support different candidates.
And some religious groups are proclaiming their support for certain candidates.
Vote wisely everyone!
Maybe Solita Collas-Monsod in her column on May 10, 2019 at the inquirer.net can help you decide through her question:
“What have they done to deserve our vote?”
I am reposting an article I’ve published on March 12.
10 Tips on How to Vote Wisely.
I hope these help.
1. Prepare a list of criteria that you are looking for in a candidate.
2. Research about the background of the candidates.
3. Read about their accomplishments.
4. Know his stand on issues.
5. Be familiar about the needs and problems of your community.
6. Decide on who among the candidates has the capability to solve your community problems.
7. Don’t vote on popularity.
8. Do not let other people dictate you whom to vote.
9. Do not sell your vote.
10. Always remember when you vote, you decide on the future of your country and your children.